Monday, June 16, 2014

Some February Letters


February Letters
February 3rd 2014
Mom:)
It is so incredible to see Shawn. He looks completely full of light! Tell him to send me an email, I would love to talk to him!
Well I have some news. It definitely was transfers this week. I will be training a new missionary here in Pazardjik. This means I will stay here for 3 more months, which lands me right at my year mark which is just mind boggling. I am grateful for the opportunity & privilege to train a new missionary, it's a special responsibility.
I saw Elder Vassau off today. It truly was a pleasure to serve with him, he is one of the best missionaries this mission has seen. Again I am just blown away by the photos of Shawn. He looks so bright. I am so proud of him. He served a faithful mission & it's not an easy thing.
I am doing very well. I have learned many things this transfer.So in my district here we will have Elder Watson (my companion in Hackovo! haha) he is the district leader & he will be with Elder Johnson who is in my mtc group & I will be training the new missionary, we don't know who he is yet, they are not in country yet. My trainer, Elder Stratton, , just went Zone Leader & he has only 4 months left it is crazy! Anton (the man Elder Stratton & I baptized in Hackovo) will be getting the Melchizedek Priesthood soon, he will be having his interview this week. I am so happy for him & that he is progressing.
The mission is improving, & I am improving & changing & progressing.
I love you & the family so much:) be good! work hard! Have faith!
Love your son, Elder Gustafsson:)

February 10 2014
Mom:)
I am doing very well. I have my new companion, his name is Elder Munson. He is from San Diego California:) We got Elder Vassau off very well. When we were in Sofia Elder Vassau's dad emailed President Wilstead& he said this "My son is not the same person I sent two years ago. I love the new one & I don't want the old one." I thought it was very powerful. Elder Vassau in his final testimony to President & the others was "I am a changed man" & again I thought that was so powerful & it led me to reflection. I hope that I become/am becoming a much better person & completely change for the better.
The weather here is really starting to pick up already. Today is very sunny &beautfiul there isn't even a need for a coat.
It has been an interesting experience this week. There was a lot of traveling at first & such because my companion & the other new missionaries don't get picked up by us until Wednesday. The mission is changing: we are striving to become better teachers & teach all the time especially on the street & I have seen a huge difference in the work already. We found this wayyy awesome woman named Lypka who is about 40ish. I think she has great potential. Toshko&Vulyo have fallen off but the work is really picking up because we found new investigators & taught a lot this week even with the crazy schedule & all the traveling! We also tracted into this awesome family of three. They are young & way nice. Their names are Borislava, Bogi, & their daughter Vasi. We will pray for them & continue to work with them.
As I have been training I have truly realized how much Bulgarian I know haha. It's incredible how much I understand & how much I can speak! Your prayers really helped me:) I am so grateful for the help. It has just been an interesting process training & leading. I don't really like being called a leader or being a leader. I like minding my own & just working hard & not having any attention. I also feel a bit inadequate but the Lord called me so I will do my best even though I have many flaws. The Lord has given me this rare opportunity to love, help, & serve others & to learn new things for my own progression.I love you Mom, I love you & the family. I know God is taking care of you, keep enduring, keep choosing the right actively.

Love me, your son, Elder Gustafsson

No comments:

Post a Comment