Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The day before I leave to the MTC

Today is May  7th 2013 & I get set apart as a missionary at 7:00 tonight. It has been a wonderful experience preparing & getting ready to go. I of course do not feel 100% prepared, I feel like there are many things I do not know still.. but that is okay I will learn a lot on my journey these next two years. These last few days I have spent the majority of my time packing, double checking, re-packing, & re-checking again all my things. I have also been spending a lot of time with loved ones & doing a lot of saying good bye. Even though I am leaving tomorrow it still doesn't feel so real.. but it is. Tomorrow morning I am going to the temple by myself as a missionary, having breakfast with my family & Susan, then it is off to the MTC. I should be there for about 6-9 weeks. I hope I will like it there. I guess I will end my final personal post with my testimony..
My testimony has been made through personal experiences & trials, I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ changes people. I know that God hears all of our prayers & answers them in His own due time which is the right time. I know by studying the Book of Mormon & Bible you can draw closer to God & His son Jesus Christ. I believe Jesus Christ performed the Atonement which can heal us from all sorrow, pain, depression, sickness, & sin if we just come unto Christ humbly & use it. I know from personal experience that the Atonement is real & that it works.
I am proud to serve the Lord & His children by choosing to go on a mission. I love my family, my friends, & Susan my girlfriend & will miss them dearly while I am gone but I'll be back:)

Checkmate! Ciao

-Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment